Freedom Won Lite Home 10/8 LiFePO4 Battery
1-2 day lead time
This Freedom Won LiFePO4 battery is the perfect high-quality battery for all your residential and industrial solar solutions. The range is from 5KWh to 80KWh batteries.
DoD = Depth of Discharge, recommended 80% DoD for average daily discharge, 70% DoD on average for optimal life – max for normal operation 90% DoD, max for system in standby 100% DoD.
Max load duration – 5 minutes per 30-minute cycle. 2 x Max overload can be handled for 2 seconds.
Fly Leads 1,8m long, power cable Red = Positive, Black = Negative, conductors in the table refer to one electrode i.e. per positive and negative connections
End of Life (EoL) is defined as cell dropping to 60% of Beginning of Life (BoL) capacity for expected life and 70% of BoL
capacity for warranty.
This Freedom Won Lite Home 10 8 LiFePO4 Battery is the perfect high-quality battery for all your residential and industrial solar solutions. The range is from 5KWh to 80KWh batteries.
- The Freedom Won Lite Home 10 8 LiFePO4 Battery is compatible with most inverters on the market
- The Freedom Won Lite Home 10 8 LiFePO4 Battery can be expanded by adding more batteries in parallel
- 10 year warranty ( 4000 cycles) @ 80% DOD
Lithium Iron Phosphate Cells (LiFePO4) – No one can afford to be outside of this revolution!
It is not a case of LiFePO4 being affordable, it is a case of can one afford to use lead-acid? The life cycle cost of LiFePO4 cells is a quarter of lead-acid batteries. The upfront costs for a pack vary from similar to double depending on the application, but one must consider that in 3 to 6 years’ time the lead-acid batteries must be replaced and the LiFePO4 cells will last 13 to 20 years depending on the application and pack design.
LiFePO4 cells have revolutionized the potential and life cycle cost of operating battery-based power systems. These cells have a cycle life 10 times that of typical deep cycle lead-acid batteries. They only cost approximately 50% more to purchase up front, however, the saving on life cycle cost is substantial.
LiFePO4 cells are available in a wide range of sizes to accommodate loads of a few amps to over 1000 amps. They can deliver sustained high power without excessive heat generation. There are no gases released and LiFePO4 cells are also thermally stable. They can be charged repeatedly to full capacity in less than 60 minutes with no appreciable loss in performance.
- High energy density: more energy less weight.
- High charge currents (Shortens the charge period – essential for a proper solar power system).
- High discharge currents (Enabling for example electrical cooking on a small battery bank).
- Long battery life (up to six times the battery life of a lead acid battery).
- High efficiency between charging and discharging (Very little energy loss due to heat development).
- Higher continuous power isavailable.
- A lead acid battery can fail prematurely due to sulphating if it is left partially charged, fully discharged or rarely fully charged for long periods of time. A Lithium Iron Phosphate battery does not need to be kept fully charged, has a wide operating temperature range and excellent cycling performance. They are therefore THE battery for very demanding applications.
- The typical “round trip” energy efficiency (energy that can be taken out of the battery compared to energy required to re-charge) for lead acid batteries is ~ 70%. For a LiFePO4 battery it is >96%. The Final C20% charge for a lead acid battery is particularly inefficient with inefficiencies of ~ 50% and can take a very long time for the battery to become completely charged. In contrast a LiFePO4 battery will always achieve 96% efficiency and so can be fully charged more quickly while wasting less energy.
Size & Weight
- LiFePO4 batteries save up to 70% in space and 70% in weight compared to lead acid.
Battery Management System
- It is vital that an advance Battery Management System (BMS) is used to control the battery charging. This is important to actively balance the individual cells that make up the battery and prevent under or over voltage which can otherwise destroy the battery. It is also important for the battery to be able to communicate with the rest of the system.